Why Veterans Attend NKU
A Veterans-Friendly Campus
- Department of Veterans Affairs Approved Higher Education Institution; Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; Service members Opportunity Consortium College Member (SOC).
- Following American Council of Education guidelines veterans receive maximum transfer of credit for military training and experience.
- In-State tuition rate for all Chapter 33 (Post 911 GI Bill Recipients).
- Dependents eligible for 100 percent Active Duty transfer of Post 911 GI Bill receive In State tuition via Yellow Ribbon Program.
- Super Priority Course Registration for all veterans and family members receiving VA or KY Department of Veterans Affairs educational benefits (same as athletes).
- There are no admissions applications fees for undergraduate and graduate veterans.
- Veteran helpful specific withdrawal, re-admission and deployment policies for service members called to active duty.
- Active student veteran organization (Norse V.E.T.S) who are a recognized Chapter of Student Veterans of America.
- Readily available specially trained university counseling, testing and disability services, VA social work, and VA Vital psychologist staff sensitive to needs of veterans and family members.
- Veterans are waived of requirement for first time freshman to reside in on-campus student housing.
- USAA and Military.com commissioned Sperling's Best Places who released a list in 2012 that ranked the greater Cincinnati area and NKU as the 8th best location in the nation for military-skill related jobs, affordability and overall quality of life.
- NKU has been placed in the top 15 percent of all colleges by its ranking for the 4th Straight Year by G.I. Jobs magazine as among America’s most military friendly schools.
For more detailed information about why NKU has become the choice of veterans from across the nation, please spend a few minutes glancing at the facts, facilities and location of NKU found at http://www.nku.edu/about/glance.html.